Whether you’re planning to run a half or full marathon, training is no joke. A few of our AfterShokz team members are experiencing this first-hand, so we asked them to share some products that have helped them get through the good, the bad, and the ugly runs. Trekz Air was a unanimous favorite (of course!), but continue reading to see some of their other favorite training essentials.
Aryal Smith, Social Media Manager
- Addaday Pro Roller to relieve pain and tightness.
- Avène Sunscreen that is SPF 50+ to protect her skin.
- An extra hair tie to keep her hair out of her face.
- Balega Enduro No Show Socks for arch support and comfort.
Kim Fassetta, Chief Marketing Officer
- iPhone X tucked away into her AfterShokz Sport Belt to map her runs.
- Garmin Forerunner 645 Music synced to Trekz Air for shorter runs when she wants to leave her phone at home and listen to some tunes.
- Apple Watch (Series 2) for tracking steps on long runs.
- Nathan Streak Reflective Vest to keep her safe and visible on early morning and late night runs.
- Honey Stinger Energy Chews for a quick boost.
- Audible to keep her entertained on long runs.
Kristen Szustakowski, Customer Happiness Director
- A durable pair of Saucony Ride ISO running sneakers to cushion her feet.
- 2XU Compression Performance Run Sleeves for increased circulation and enhanced recovery times.
- Nathan TrailMix Plus 2 Hydration Belt for easy access to water, nutrition and her phone.
- Spotify for podcasts and playlists (filled with a whole lot of Missy Elliott!).
Caleigh Nevin, Marketing Consultant
- Feetures ELITE Max Cushion Socks to keep her toenails intact -- the struggle is real!
- Adidas Ultra Boost Parley Shoes for cushioning and comfort. Caleigh also loves that these sneakers are good for the oceans because they’re partly made from recycled waste, intercepted from beaches and coastal communities before it reaches the ocean.
- Cotton Candy Lip Smackers to keep her lips hydrated.
- Nuun Electrolytes to replenish electrolytes during her run.
What are some items you can’t run without? We’ve shared ours, now we’d love to hear yours! Tag us on social to show us your #MarathonMustHaves.